Become a QUEST-enrolled doctor
Becoming a participating doctor in The QUEST Initiative is simple and fast:
- Find out more by reading the QUEST Doctor Information.
- Register your interest by completing the Enrolment Form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax (08) 6323 4683.
You will then receive an email with the following:
– Study medication information
– Access to free education and training. If you would like assistance prescribing medicinal cannabis or with TGA applications, you can access a medical portal for educational resources or contact The QUEST Initiative team.
- The QUEST Initiative Research Team will email you with information to review and available times for you to book your 30-minute video training.
What are my commitments as a participating doctor?
- A five-minute patient registration input for eligible patients as part of the primary consult
- Medicinal cannabis prescribing to follow ‘normal pathway’ – SAS B or Authorised Prescriber
- Uploading of SAS B or Authorised Prescriber paperwork and script into a portal for patients
As this study requires patients to report their outcomes along their journey, there is minimal burden on the prescribing doctor.
If a patient would like to opt-out of the clinical study, the prescribing doctor will be required to contact the study researchers and plan an exit strategy to titrate the patient off the medicinal cannabis and monitor as per the initial standard patient monitoring plan submitted in the SAS application.
QUICK TRAINING FOR QUEST
Upon completion you can enrol patients
on their QUEST
Order QUEST medication
Doctors who have already registered their interest and completed their training with the University of Sydney will need to visit the QUEST portal to register patients and upload scripts or approvals.
Refer a patient
Not ready to prescribe medicinal cannabis yet? Not a problem. Please refer to one of our QUEST enrolled doctors on the list below.
If you have patients that could benefit from medicinal cannabis, but are not yet comfortable to prescribe yourself, please fill out our referral form and give this information to your patient, along with a summary of their medical history and previous and current medications, so they can arrange a consultation with a QUEST enrolled doctor.