Become a QUEST-enrolled doctor
Becoming a QUEST-enrolled doctor is simple and fast:
- Find out more by reading the QUEST Doctor Information.
- Register your interest by completing the Enrolment Form
- You will then receive an email with the following:
– A link to the video training of study and enrollment process
– Study portal log in email
– Study medication information & ordering process
– Patient enrolment and script process guide
– Access to free education and training. If you would like assistance prescribing medicinal cannabis or with TGA applications, you can access a medical portal for educational resources or contact The Global QUEST Initiative team.
What are my commitments as a doctor with participating patients?
- A five-minute patient registration input for eligible patients as part of the primary consult
- Medicinal cannabis prescribing to follow ‘normal pathway’ – SAS B or Authorised Prescriber
- Email of SAS B or Authorised Prescriber paperwork and e-Script to firstname.lastname@example.org
As this study requires patients to report their outcomes along their journey, there is minimal burden on the prescribing doctor.
If a patient would like to opt-out of the study, the prescribing doctor will be required to inform the Curtin University researchers. Withdrawn patients can still access medicinal cannabis but may no longer receive the study price of Medication at a cost from $135 per bottle or $130 per 10g sachet .
If any patient would like to stop taking medicinal cannabis, the prescribing doctor is required to plan an exit strategy to titrate the patient off the medicinal cannabis and monitor them as per the initial standard patient monitoring plan submitted in the Special Access Scheme (SAS) application with the TGA.
Refer a patient
Not ready to prescribe medicinal cannabis yet? Not a problem. You can refer your patient to one of our QUEST enrolled doctors.
If you have patients that could benefit from medicinal cannabis, but are not yet comfortable to prescribe yourself, please fill out our referral form and give this information to your patient, along with a summary of their medical history and previous and current medications. With this information they can contact QUEST on 1300 664 369 and arrange a consultation with a QUEST enrolled doctor.