Little Green Pharma will provide the cannabis medicines to ensure product standardisation. The cost of medicinal cannabis products for participants will be set at $150.00 for each 50mL bottle plus delivery fee of $15.
Please note: dosage requirements will be determined by your prescribing doctor and will differ from patient-to-patient.
Information for patients
Before enrolment in The QUEST Initiative it is important to read the Participant Information Statement. This provides detailed information about the study and what is involved to help you decide whether you would like to take part.
How does the QUEST work?
Participants in the study can join for up to 12-months. During this time, participants will be required to pay for their own medication. Participation in this study means they will receive their medication at a cost of $150 per 50mL bottle (plus $15 delivery). Involvement is purely voluntary, and participants are able to ‘opt-out’ at any time.
All patient assessments are performed via online questionnaires. Participants still need to visit their doctor for their initial consultation and any subsequent visits their doctor recommends based on their individual medical circumstances. For patients that find it challenging to attend consultations in-person, telehealth* options are available.
Participating patients who are deemed eligible by their treating doctor will have their medication delivered directly to their home via a secure medical courier.
Visit the FAQs page for more information
*Telehealth is available for patients but Medicare rebates for consults do not apply unless that patient has had an initial in-person consultation with their participating QUEST doctor in the last 12 months.
Who’s this QUEST for?
The QUEST Initiative is seeking eligible patients who are:
- 18+ years of age and living in Australia
- able to complete the questionnaires in English
- able to provide informed consent
- have access to the internet or a smart phone
- suffering from a chronic condition with symptoms that have lasted for three months or more, and
- eligible for medicinal cannabis as a form of treatment
- have not taken any type of prescribed medical cannabis for four weeks before enrolling in the study (so researchers can detect meaningful changes prior to treatment starting)
Eligibility for this study and medicinal cannabis treatment will ultimately be determined by your consulting doctor based on your individual clinical circumstances.