Recruitment for the QUEST initiative is now closed. However, if you are interested in accessing medical cannabis these are options for you:
First check your potential eligibility for medical cannabis by completing the “Am I Eligible” survey
How did the QUEST Initiative work?
Participants in the study could join for up to 12-months. During this time, participants were required to pay for their own medication. Participation in this study means patients enrolled in the study receive their medication at a cost of $150 per 50mL bottle (plus $15 delivery). Involvement was purely voluntary, and participants were and still are able to ‘opt-out’ at any time.
All patient assessments are performed via online questionnaires. Participants needed to visit their doctor for their initial consultation and any subsequent visits their doctor recommends based on their individual medical circumstances. For patients that found it challenging to attend consultations in-person, telehealth* options were and are available.
Visit the FAQs page for more information
*Telehealth is available for patients but Medicare rebates for consults do not apply unless that patient has had an initial in-person consultation with their participating QUEST doctor in the last 12 months.
Who’s was this QUEST for?
The QUEST Initiative recruited patients who fit the below critera:
- 18+ years of age and living in Australia
- able to complete the questionnaires in English
- able to provide informed consent
- have access to the internet or a smart phone
- suffering from a chronic condition with symptoms that have lasted for three months or more, and
- eligible for medicinal cannabis as a form of treatment
- have not taken any type of prescribed medical cannabis for four weeks before enrolling in the study (so researchers can detect meaningful changes prior to treatment starting)
Eligibility for this study and medicinal cannabis treatment will ultimately be determined by your consulting doctor based on your individual clinical circumstances.